Among the church books, the oldest was the Gospel, printed in Moscow in 1701. Its feature was a silver and gilded salary, on the front of which there were five large enamel ovals with the image of the Evangelists and the Kazan Mother of God.
In 1801-1803, the Church of the Transfiguration was built on the site of the present Europe shopping and entertainment complex (formerly the Officers' House), consecrated on September 4, 1803, by Bishop S. Lebedinsky of Little Russia and Pereyaslav. Three-tiered carved gilded iconostasis were made only in 1866 at the donation of parishioners.
In 1837, P. Zhytetsky was baptized in the Transfiguration Cathedral, who later became a famous philologist, the first historian of the Ukrainian literary language. His father was a priest of the Church of the Transfiguration, their house was located next to the church estate. Later, after the priest's death, the Kremenchuk County Zemstvo was going to buy a house from his heirs to house the county council. But the agreement did not take place, and the zemstvo built for its needs a new house on Uchilishchny Street (this house has survived to this day, located behind the hotel "Flint").
Poltava region, Lesya Ukrainka Avenue, Kremenchuk, Poltava region, 39600
49.064841 | 33.406849