The Transfiguration Cathedral of the Dnipro is one of the cathedrals of the Dnepropetrovsk Diocese (formerly Ekaterinoslavskaya) of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church, consecrated in honor of the Transfiguration of the Lord. Completed construction in the style of classicism in 1835 under Archbishop Gabriel (Rozanov). Monument of architecture of national importance. Temporary seat of the diocesan administration.
The cathedral is built in the classic style and has a T-shaped configuration. Its front part is expanded to create in it two limits with altars: the left – in honor of the Great Martyr Catherine and the right – St. Nicholas the Wonderworker. Above the middle pre-medal part there is a drum and a dome with a diameter of more than 8 meters, which rests on four rectangular sails of the arch. The walls of the drum have 16 oblong windows, between which are depicted eight biblical prophets, and a little lower, in the arches – the images of the evangelists: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. The entrance porch of the cathedral is crowned by a two-tier ampere bell tower with a spire, otochenny near its base eight copper gilded vases – the creations of Hierodeacon Antonius. In addition to the main (western) entrance, there are two more to the cathedral: the north and the south. All of them are decorated with six-column, Ionic orders, porticos.