This building belongs to the Roman Catholic Church and is one of the few examples of such architecture in Eastern Ukraine.
The beginning of construction dates back to 1895, built by the order of a rich and influential man – Ignaty Yasyukovych. He was the director of the huge Dnipro metallurgical plant, moreover, devout catholic. His workers included many Catholic Poles. The style of the building is neo-Gothicism, and brick for its construction was taken from Kyiv, as it was supposed to be yellow according to the design of the architect Mariana Kormansky. Construction lasted only two years, which is extremely fast for such a church. It is also interesting that the funds were collected among the workers and the management of the enterprise.
Interestingly, it was not five years after the building construction that the renovation of walls and paintings began, and the wooden fence was replaced by a stone one. At the same time, the cathedral received an interesting addition – the statue of the Virgin Mary, which seemed to guard all who came to the church. The park, which stretched out in front of the structure, was also magnificent. In Soviet times, the cathedral was closed, but the building was not demolished, but used in various qualities: there was a Polish club, and later the premises were occupied by one of the troops of the region. The worst use was whe a car wash was located in the church.
Only in the late 20th century a group of people gathered for the restoration of the church. Restoration work was carried out, rather quickly, and after only one year the church services were restored. Today the Church of St. Nicholas is active, therefore, it has cultural, religious, and architectural significance. It is interesting that the services are carried out both in Polish and in Ukrainian, and in the church there are special worship services for children.