A fortification building was built here, on the high bank of the Orel River. It has an earth shaft, an oak palisade, and high walls. Right behind the fortification, located a small town where ordinary people hid from the enemies. The name came from a small red cloth called the Chinese used as a signal for enemy invasion. When the enemy approached the walls, the cloth was taken down.
These walls have been witnesses to many historic events – uprisings and attacks, military garrisons and civilians. Interesting fact, the Soviet government rapidly took over the village – its first representatives came here in 1917, and already in 1923 there was a party center, and after five years it was a collective farm, one of the first in the Dnipropetrovsk region.
Few monuments of history and architecture were preserved to our days like Mykolaivska church, St. Varvara church, and Uspenska church. Each of them is a true work of art, built in the nineteenth century. Among the natural wonders there is a Kalytva Mountain, which in ancient times served traders as a pointer, because here were three large branches of the Silk Road – to the Crimea, the Caucasus and the Azov Sea. It is interesting that here, where there is now a mountain, the scientists excavated the skull of the mammoth, which can be seen in the historic museum of the city of Dnipro. And according to the legends, under the array of stones Cossack treasures are hidden
Dnipropetrovsk region, Kytayhorod village, Tsarychanskyi region
48.902787 | 34.424538